Wouldn’t it be nice to make a little extra money on the side each month?
We use all kinds of apps every day and I know that when it comes to all those so call reward programs most people are skeptical but, the truth is that, making money on the side does not always have to incolve a full blown small business. You can very easily make more money by doing things you already do or by doing things you love to do. We want to encourage you to earn a little extra cash (or gift cards) as a way to score some extra savings. Here is a roundup of some of our favorite ways to save money
Before you shop, you select the offers that you want. After your shopping trip, you upload your receipt for processing OR simply link your local grocery store’s loyalty card with the app. You can choose for your cash to be deposited in your bank account, Paypal, or donated to a charity of your choice. What I like about SavingStar is that they usually have a “healthy offer of the week” where they list savings on produce. Coupons on produce are hard to come by, so its a great weekly score.
eBates is a website (and app) that gives you a percentage of your purchase back when you shop at one of the over 1,500 stores they are affiliated with. For instance, if you spend $100 at a specific online store affiliated with eBates and they offer 10% cash back, you will get $10 deposited into your eBates accounts.
eBates is set up so that your earnings can accumulate and so every 3 months they send you a check or make a deposit into your Paypal account.Initially I was a bit skeptical but I did some research and once I tried it, I was hooked. Basically eBates makes deals with retail stores and offers to drive sales to their websites by offering cash back discounts. They make money through commissions earned for each sale the retailer gets.
It’s free to setup and when you do you get a $10 bonus. It’s definitely a great way to earn some extra cash! They also have a great referral system where you can earn $5 for every person that sign up and uses their account make a purchase ( as long as they make a minimum purcahse of $25).
Is similar to Savingstar.You select products that you plan to purchase and upload your receipt after you purchase them. You usually get paid out in the form of a check after you have earned $20.
SurveyMini uses your location to find surveys from stores that you have frequented. It asks you some basic questions about your shopping trip and rewards you with points. Once you have earned enough points, you can cash out for giftcards. Some stores also offer you free drinks or entrees for completing the survey. Thats a win in my book!
- You submit a receiptusing their app after you purchase a qualifying product
- You link a grocery store loyalty account
- In App purchases
Submit a receipt:
- Download the ibotta app.
- Unlock rebates: before you go shopping, unlock cash rewards by completing simple tasks (like watching short video clips, etc).
- Go shopping. Buy the products you’ve unlocked.
- Verify your purchases. Scan your product bar codes, and then submit a photo of your receipt
- Get cash. You will have your cash deposited into your Ibotta account within 48 hours. You can put your cash in your PayPal account, Venmo, or gift cards.
Link a grocery store loyalty account:
- Sign up for IBOTTA (it’s free)
- Link your store loyalty account. Add your loyalty card number or associated phone number.
- Unlock rebates. Before you shop, unlock cashback rewards by completing simple tasks.
- Go shopping using your loyalty card or phone number at check out.
- Get cash. You’ll have the cash deposited in your IBOTTA account within 24 hours.
In App Purchases:
- Find & unlock mobileapps rebates. Before you shop, unlock cashback rewards.
- Launch app. Tap on the launch app button from the Ibotta app.
- Go shopping. Make a purchase within app. That’s it! You’ll receive a confirmation that the rebate is pending.Right now you’ll get $10 for usingmy referral link PLUS $10 for downloading the free app! (msugafb)
Are you using Swagbucks?Swagbucks is heaven. You get rewarded for doing things online, that you are likely already doing. When I choose reward programs to work with, I try to focus on ones that don’t cramp my style. In other words, ones that reward me for things I’m already doing. AKA I don’t have to do anything different in my life to get them. This includes: shopping online, watching videos, and finding deals online. You earn points by doing these tasks and then you turn those points into rewards– gift cards to tons of different places or cash back using PayPal.
Check out Swagbucks! I use it to get free gift cards! Click my link to join:
Gain access to all our money savibg tips by suscribing to our monthly bewsletter.