Financial setbacks inevitably happen to all us, these are not special gifts reserved for some and not for others, no, no, no, we all at one time or another face finanical setbacks. And if you find yourself dealing with a layoff, high medical expenses, forclouser or other setback, there are some things you can do to start the road to recovery.
1. Acknowledge your current situation. This seems to be a reocurrent topic. The reason is, many of you are asking questions like, how do I move on? How do I start over? Or some of you even say, it isn’t that bad, at least I am better than other people I know. Well the truth is, unless you acknowledge you have a problem you won’t be able to fix. The best thing you can do if you are broke is admit it, look at yourself in the mirrow and say to yourself I’m broke.
2. Take responsibility. The easiest thing to do is blaming everyone else. From your parents, how you grew up, your education, your environment, your predicament, your job, friends, negative relatives etc. Maybe, is time to stop looking on the outside and it is time to start looking on the inside. Asses your situation, look at yourself and take resposibility.
3. Start where you are with what you have, make a game plan that works for you. Even though we all been through setbacks at some point in our lives, every situation is unique. If you’re in need of help get in contact with us www.redtogreeneconomy.com/contact we can help. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, Les Brown says, when you ask for help you don’t ask for help because you’re weak no, you ask for help because you want to remain strong. Create a plan that works for you, your financial peace/wellness is in your plan. No plan, no peace/wellness.
4. Work on yourself. Must people today work harder on their job than they work on themselves. Don’t missunderstand me you have to be diligent and do your best at work to earn your paycheck, but you have to be more than just a hard worker, you have to work on youself, grow as a person in order to bring value to the market place. Your income is in direct proportion to your personal growth, work on yourself
5. Make no excuses. Excuses are tools of the incompetent used to build monuments to nothing. Those who specialized on excuses wil never be good at anything else. Excuses don’t pay the bills. Start by making small changes, ask yourself what is something that’s within my power right now that I can change? And do that! Litlle by little, remember a little + a little + a little = a lot. You got this!!
For more tips read How to Live an Above Average Life on Your Terms.
What is a setback you faced in the past and how overcome?
Can you relate to any of the tips mention here?
Kindly keep in contact with us at www.redtogreeneconomy.com also find us on social media we would love to hear from you.